Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sometimes you have to step back.....

put it away and figure you will be working on it another day.

     That happened to me and when I started again the little quilt all came together.  I have loads of fabric left over from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and have to do something with it.

     I decided the Texas Two Step would fit the bill.  I cut the fabric according to the directions and at Friday Stitch and Chat, I sewed the blocks together.  Then I used a flannel wall and worked away with the pattern in hand trying to get it to look good.

     Susan tried to help but it was no go.  Nothing was working.

     I packed it up and did something else.

     On the way home, that little light bulb came on and lo and behold when I re-did the design on EQ it worked.  (My old computer is set up just so I can play on the programme.)  I connected this and that and printed off what I planned and it worked.

     I was so happy.

     Here it is.  not sewn together, not quilted, but ready to.

     Once I made the "coral" fabric the focal fabric, it started to come together.  I completely ignored the cream/tan fabrics and worked just with the corals.  I didn't try anything fancy......just this.

     The quilt is now called Going Up!  Don't you think they look like stairs?

Here is how I did it.

I cut all the fabrics 3 1/2" x 6 1/2".  I sewed a cream/tan fabric to a coral fabric.  Each and every block the same.

Now if you take a moment you will see Row one starts with the block turned so the coloured fabric is at the top and on the right side.
Row two starts with the fabric on the right side and then the fabric on the top.
It continues this way until all the rows are put together.

Search This Blog