Almost. Hello Moon is now history. I waited for the person who was posting to get those blocks up and she didn't so I went ahead and did my own thing.....right to December.
I figured why wait to construct it, and between September and October I worked on it periodically and got'er done!
I moved the bat to fly through the moon and actually did the stitching of it with my machine. I shortened up the stitch and it looks pretty good.
I opted to do a different sashing. I used up two fabrics that had been in the box for awhile. I cut them 2 1/2" square and on what is now an inner border trimmed them to 2" before adding the final border.
I had some fun with this at the end. I found the sashing starting to over power the quilt and drag your eye away from the moon blocks. I thought I took photos of what I was doing -- but they aren't in the camera, they aren't on the computer, so I guess I was dreaming.
I sewed a 3 1/2" final border right up against the sashing and then I'm going to bind with the light blue. The blocks now pop enough that I'm happy with it.
My favourite block is November's! I don't know why. Maybe because it's just a little bit sassy.
August isn't bad either.....the moon smiling down on the stars.