Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Two more for this week

I get a kick out of the name of this block......Broken Dishes!  How many times in 48 years have we had these in our house?  The worst was a Corelle plate that just shattered into a gazillion pieces.  Of course, it didn't help that Karl had the burner on underneath it.
I don't know how many times I can say.......it's easy.......maybe another language?  det er nem ~~ there you go.
Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B29u680jsp73dkZ6MzMtUERwTVk/edit?usp=sharing

Okay, one more for this month.
This one is a bit more work.  I lost some of the blocks when we crashed so I opted for this one instead of the Pineapple block.  That one is best done paper pieced and have no way to get into EQ, print it off, upload it into a format for you.
This is called Steps to the Altar.  Pretty darn appropriate for a quilt for an anniversary.

I did get the opportunity to look at this in EQ, but didn't like the cutting directions.  This programme does have some oddities to it.  I decided to check out Quilters Cache and the instructions were fabulous.  They always are.

Here is the link for this block

http://quilterscache.com/S/StepsToTheAltarBlock.html

There are only two blocks left to do, so I'm going to post them around the first of October.  That will leave you clear to start your sewing for Christmas if you have any.

Search This Blog