I decided I wanted these blocks to float.
I played with the blocks until I was happy with the placement. They are not in the order they were given and I did make more.
I had a supervisor!!!!
I had purchased black for the sashing and the border but what to do for the cornerstones. You don't have to use them, but it lines it up a whole lot better for me. I made the decision to use another shade of black.
Let me try to explain this. The sashing is only between the blocks. It is not on the ends of the rows or on the top or bottom. I hope this photo shows you what I mean......it is one of the corner blocks.
I purposely made this photo larger so you can see what I mean. Notice the cornerstone and the inner border are the same......the sashing and outer border are the same.
When it was all sewn together and it took me 2 full days of cutting and sewing, I took it out to the front lawn and snapped a photo. The blocks just pop right out of the quilt. I did use the cornerstone fabric for the inner border and the sashing fabric is the outer border.
As I write this column the quilt is at Robin's where she is performing her magic. I have no idea of the thread colour or the panto. I left it all up to her.
Odd I should be writing about an anniversary quilt today. Karl and I are celebrating today. 48 years......
Okay, it's back home. I have no idea when Robin sleeps but here it is. No binding as that will take me nights and nights of sewing.
The label is done too so better get going on that binding!!!!