Thursday, September 12, 2013

It was a WOW afternoon!!

Charleen and I left Oakville shortly after one and headed to Fonthill.  The QEW was a bit slow, so we drove the Lakeshore Road out to the highway and then just booted along with the rest of the traffic.
View Larger Map

We made good time and pulled into the parking lot at The Quilting Bee  to be told.....you can go in now!  Ahead of time!  Bonus!
We got our seats and were already when the show began.  It was f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s!!!  No other word can describe it. Edyta told us a bit about herself and her family and why she named her company Laundry Basket Quilts.  That alone was worth the drive over.
I was going to post all the photos here but when I checked I had so many this could go on for quite awhile.  I did take some photos inside the store and with Kelly's permission here they are.
This is inside the store.  This is the most beautiful quilt store in S. Ontario.  I drive about 1 hour to get there and it is worth every second.

These are only some of the ladies that attended the final show of the day.  There were three shows.









One of the gals I met through a couple of quilting forums we belonged to was also at the show.  I met Deb in person at a quilt show about 5 years ago and we follow each other's blogs.  It was great to see her again.  
In the photo is Deb, my girlfriend Charleen (whom you know by name and now can put a face to) and myself.  I normally only take a photo fit for a mug shot so I'm really happy with how this one turned out.   Thanks for sending it over Deb.

Before I post the Smilebox I'm going to give you some links.  They are worth the visit:
The first one is for Laundry Basket Quilts
http://laundrybasketquilts.com

and this is for Edyta's blog
http://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/blog/
If you ever get the opportunity to sit and listen to Edyta.....grab it!  It was the best hour I've had in a long, long time.

<
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a photo slideshow

Search This Blog