Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oh, dear........

it was way back in February when my friend Betty said she was going to start a quilt called “Dem Bones.”  My memory was in full gear that day and I mentioned I had that pattern too.  I guess…….Betty gave it to me for my birthday one year!!!!!
Betty got cracking on hers right away…..she is the queen of scrap quilts by the way……never mind who else you think it might be, this is the gal!
dem bones
  Dem Bones was designed and published by Miss Rosie’s Quilt Company.  Pop over to her website and take a look around.  Just click on any of the words that appear on the home page.
Betty posted a picture of her finished quilt top on March 16th   betty's dem bones and I plugged along on mine, posting this picture on the forum on March 31st.
dembones3
  After this I put the blocks away with apologies to Betty.  I had some things I had  to get done.  Then it was time.  I had to finish it up before I got going on Kristina and Paul’s quilt.  No more goofing off.
I laid it out on the living-room floor and then started sewing the rows.  That took me one day.  I rethought the borders.  There has been something I’ve always wanted to try and as I’m “evolving” this year, this was as good a time as any.
dem bones 001
Done!  Tout fini!  Thanks Betty.  This challenged me and once again I was out of my comfort zone.  I think I’m finding new comforts.
Oh I nearly forgot…..these were my fabrics.  All from my stash.
dem bones 1

Search This Blog