Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What do you do

lupins
on a rainy day at your house?  It means a day in the sewing room for me.
I decided -- after some prompting from Linda -- to get my BOM for Hello Moon finished before the June block was published.
I have the backgrounds all cut out and some fabrics put together for the moons so I just have the rest to put together and stitch.  Easy, right?  Well...................
I goofed.  I ran the pattern off and started to cut out my pieces.IMG_7019 Then it hit me.  I hadn't reversed the pieces.  I decided to go for it anyway.  I had the grass cut and the moon and I didn't want to waste any fabric.
I opened up the laptop and with the aid of the photo I placed the moon on and stitched it down.  I'm doing raw edge appliqué on these blocks so no big deal.
I decided on "Swiss cheese" for my cheese.  I remember as a small child being told the moon was made from Swiss cheese.  Now of course, those "holes" we see are actually craters.IMG_7020
I searched for grey fabric and then spied this new one I bought for Poppet's quilt.  It worked beautifully, but I must confess I did do fusible web for the mouse.  Those were very tiny pieces and I didn't want to muck it up.  I have Is that the North Star on the computer? the embroidery to do on this, but it looks good and I'm now ready for the June BOM.
5 months doneNow Linda Linda's BOMand I can pick on a couple of others whose photos haven't been posted yet........

announcement

The 15th and 16th of June happens to be a week-end, so, I will be posting The Collection on the 17th and 18th. 
A brand new quilt will be featured on the 19th just in time for you to make it up for Canada Day.  Want a hint?Quilt #3 - Copy
As the block on the 18th is so very, very easy, I'm giving you another one on the 20th.
almost a full week of blogging!!!  Then of course it's back to Wednesday and then I'm on holidays!!!!!!!


Search This Blog