Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I had a genius moment

and was I impressed with myself.
Remember this? 
by the pond
The Pond it is now called.  I saw this in Ottawa, bought the fabrics and two weeks ago ordered the pattern from Taylor Sewing Centre in Brockville.
Before it arrived on my doorstep I decided to get a quilt kit done before we left on holidays.  I bought it from the Quilt Junction at the Norfolk County Quilt Show.
This is one of the cutest panels I've seen in awhile undersea adventure blogand I really wanted to make it up so I could quilt it one hot summer day (that isn't going to happen this year, I'm sure.)   I thought I had this great idea, but then another idea came along.
I set to work with pen and paper and figured out all the measurements.  It took awhile, because what I wanted I couldn't have!!!!
I purchased some more fabric......two fat quarters IMG_7256 and a 1/2 meter and set to work.  I won't give you dimensions, even though they are mine, because it wasn't all my idea.  I adapted the Panel Magic quilt design to fit my needs. 
A couple of fabrics really worked well for this quilt.....the blue sashing ( it's from the Freckles line and was designed by Ro Gregg for Northcott) which will also be the binding and the little fish.....
The "purple" which is really blue -- thanks to photography it doesn't look like it -- looks like water and that is why it was my choice for the sashings.
Okay are you ready...............the great unveiling!
IMG_7264 How appropriate that this is the last quilt before we leave for sun, sand and surf.  I'll be back sometime around the middle of July.  Take care......

Whooops, whoops, before I go................there is a column for tomorrow.  I'm asking, begging and perhaps going to come and raid your homes..............................because

Sometimes a small thing you do, can mean everything in another person's life

 Wait a minute!!!!  I'm going to leave you with something to read while I'm gone or perhaps you'll read it now.  It is an amazing story and very heart warming.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20130529/NEWS/305290072/Salem-woman-achieves-dream-working-fashion-72-years-later

Search This Blog