Wednesday, June 12, 2013

For less than the cost of

2 large lattes, here's a tip to change your quilting life.
I recently purchased two books that I'm going to have to trace from.
All photos are subject to copyright
I picked up some fabrics for a quilt in the Floral book and would like to get started on it when we come back from our holidays.  It will be easy work so I think I'll be able to handle it.  The other book is for a workshop I'm taking this fall.
IMG_7011
When it's time to trace you have to break the spine to have the book lie flat or prop it open with whatever is available.
Well, thanks to Bernice I have a tip for you.
If you want your book to lie flat it will cost you -- well mine did anyway -- $9.03!  I had it spiral bound and you can too.  I took the book to Staples and they took all my details and once done, they shipped it out Wednesday evening and I picked it up on Friday afternoon.  Bound and with a cover over it too, which I don't know whether I will do again but it only cost $1.00 so instead of one dog eared book, I'll have a cover that lasts for a long, long time.
The book looks fantastic
IMG_7070
with it's clear cover and look..............it now lays flat and I can trace away.
IMG_7071
Something happened to me last week that has never happened before and most likely won't happen again. A new employee in a store couldn't convert the yardage to metric. I came home, went on quilter's cache and downloaded their chart. I'm now going to keep it handy at the cutting table and convert my patterns before I leave home.
You can too.............here's the link
http://quilterscache.com/F/fabric_width.html
Right click with your mouse on the page that comes up, find the word PRINT, and left click on that.  Print off according to the instructions given for your printer.

Search This Blog