Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sometimes when I sit and chat

my eyes wander all over the store.  I looked at one particular fabric and all I could think of was “wow, great binding!”  It was on the sale shelf and I figured 1/2 metre for the stash……..well, when it’s on sale you have to take the full metre.  I did.  Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor me!

IMG_6014

I love stripes for bindings.  That and scrappy.  Just adds to a quilt IMHO. 

I started to looked around to find something, anything to go with it.  Oh my gosh, look what I found.  I thinkIMG_6013  this is actually a co-ordinate.  The colours all go so well together.

I kept looking as I had this little idea niggling away in the back of my mind.  I found 4 fabrics that work so well with it, not from the line, but really perfect together.IMG_6015

I cut up all those little critters and I did the the same with the fat quarters.  I’m going to make up four patches.

I have sewn up a couple of the blocks just to see what they will look like. IMG_6466

Then I put it up on the board with the binding. I was happy with it so I made a couple more.

IMG_6464



I'm happy with it.  I think I'll border with a bright yellow and white.....white being the inner border and then I'm going to try to do a "flange" binding.  Something new to talk about next month when I get back into the swing of things after holidays.

No that fabric is not going to be the sashing.  I'm thinking of a solid dark blue for that..............thinking, not positive......yet!

Search This Blog