Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oh, my

IMG_6802
that was Jan and I.  Karl and Reg took us over to The Running Stitch in Kanata which is just outside Ottawa.
IMG_6680
I wanted to make sure that Jan got to the store before the show.  Sometimes stores are pretty empty when they take part in quilt shows.  Did we have selection!!!!  Did we get customer service!!!!! IMG_6681
The store has been recommended to me a few times by a few different people and if I'm ever back in Ottawa, I will go in again. IMG_6682 
IMG_6683
So this is what we bought........well, I bought.  I didn't take photos of Jan's purchases. 
IMG_6854
This is my inner border and cornerstones for my "jungle" quilt I'm putting together with my stripe border fabric.  I have plenty so I'll do fancy back on the quilt too.
IMG_6856
I thought I had left the jacket pattern at home, but I had it with me.  I bought those buttons in PEI last summer and now I have two fabrics and the lining for my "new" jacket I'll be making one day.  I want something that will go with everything and black and white will certainly do that!  The yellow in the fabric is a perfect match for those buttons.
IMG_6857
This is the border for the charm pack quilt I'm making up.  Charm packs are fine, but never enough to make something with. You always have to buy more!!!  Oh darn!
IMG_6858
I had these fat quarters selected for a wall hanging but needed a border.  My local QS didn't have what I wanted but The
Running Stitch did!!  Yeah, I can get going on this one now.  It will have appliqué so best I get started on it soon.
Okay, that was page 1 of our purchases......page 2 tomorrow cause yes, we did do damage!

Search This Blog