Friday, May 24, 2013

Karl found a bench

and had a comfortable place to watch the quilt show.  He told me he was sitting by "the pond" and I couldn't figure out what he meant.  I didn't see a pond.
Then I walked around the corner of the booth I was in and there it was.....
IMG_6844I asked the shop owner, from Taylor Sewing Centre in Brockville,  if she had a kit.  They were sold out, but they had the fabric.  I bought it all.........
IMG_6853  The bull rush fabric actually has the dragonflies at the top so the other fabric is a bonus!!!
We bought patterns too from The Running Stitch.  I love landscapes so these three will definitely get done when I find just the right fabrics.  I did find one in my stash so I'll have to tuck it into the envelope so I don't loose it.
IMG_6860



Last but not least we have a new addition to our family.  Her name is Poppet
IMG_6604

and she needs a quilt.  Jan found the pattern and I selected the fabrics.....red for "Poppy" which is her name shortened up cause she is just a wee little girl.
IMG_6862
Our family now has three grey cats.  Shadow who belongs to our son and of course Misty.  Seems to be the colour of choice right for our family.









  Okay, here's an added tidbit for all the quilters I know.  I just finished reading Between Heaven and Texas and it was one of the best reads I've had in a while.  Loved it!  Marie Bostwick, who also wrote the Cobbled Court series, is the writer.  I bought it last Thursday for long week-end reading and I have to tell you to make it last that long was a struggle.  I was knitting and reading at the same time!  I closed the book on Monday night just before I fell asleep.  I left 4 pages to read as I usually do all my reading before I shut my eyes and hunker down underneath the covers.

Search This Blog