Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's time to evolve and

try something new.
The Bow Tie block is just the block to do it with.  A new technique on an old block. 
This block is usually done with set in seams, but oh they are a pain in the neck.  I found something easier and I'm all about easy. 
All you need to make this block are two fabrics that contrast with each other and 3 squares of one and 2 of the other. For our block you will use 6 1/2" squares. 
IMG_5849
I'm not going to go into a great big long explanation on how to do it.  I'm leaving that up to the Gourmet Quilter who resides in New Zealand.  I'm sure she is the one that came up with this method.
The link is here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdfuGgtHf8

REMEMBER we are using 6 1/2" squares for our block

There is a PDF here for you to download.
Another great little block IMG_6512  that can stand on its own.


bt1






bt2

Search This Blog