Thursday, April 25, 2013

Log Cabin.

Last week I noticed two of the girls that are doing the Scrap Quilt Sampler -- otherwise known as The Collection had finished the three blocks that had been posted. 
I asked if I could have them for the blog and they said it was fine with them. Melissa in Pennsylvania did block number one and Linda in Arizona did the second block.  Isn't it amazing what fabric does to a block! 
Melissa chose yellow for her centre, Linda chose a focal fabric and mine is the red.  Nothing planned but each of these ways were mentioned on the blog.  Now you get to see it.
I've been trying to gather things up for our trip to Ottawa coming up soon.........very, very soon.  I was going to take some appliqué work but that's a lot of prep time.  I also need some border fabric for what I had in mind, so my souvenir from the big city is going to be fabric.  A great idea to my way of thinking.
Then the little light bulb came on and I thought of knitting.  I haven't done a lot over the past few years, but I do have yarn on hand.  I bought it for the grand, but she won't ever use it.  I decided to make some hats for babies and I can donate them.  I checked out the internet for patterns (I don't have "modern" ones), and found thisbaby set I didn't have Astra yarn on hand so I did my own thing.  IMG_6406
I have one more in progress in the same colour and now I have lots of yarn to make more.
Tasha brought in a bag of yarn she didn't like or perhaps she didn't like the design she came up with (memory loss here and it wasIMG_6407 only yesterday).  I'm going to pop over to the Bernat site and see what they have to offer.   I've found most of the yarn companies have freebies so it's a good place to check out.
If you are a knitter, try this site.  I find so much on it......all I need is more hours in the day.
http://www.ravelry.com/
You do have to register but it doesn't cost anything.   Yea, another freebie!

Search This Blog