Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I’ve had this bee in my bonnet

for quite awhile now.  It was something I’ve wanted to try and I will try it again.
The final clue for that little mystery quilt come out on the 25th of March and the next day I went downstairs and worked on it.
This is what it was suppose to look like.  I have to say I was really happy with the outcome.
As it was it would have made the greatest little table topper, but I wanted a baby quilt as soon as the directions said “star”.
I played with it on EQ and came up with this, this and that and I tried it, but after three cuts and joining two fabrics, I opted out!  I still wanted “the bee in my bonnet”. 
I set to work with my measuring tape and my three fabrics. 
two borders
I do have two borders on this.  The turquoise and the white.  If you look closely you will see that the borders vary in width.  I was trying to get the centre piece up in one corner.  IMG_6057 I’m going to try this again one day.  I’ll set it up higher to the left and top.  I kind of like it.  It’s different.  Another quilt for another baby.  Time to get it quilted!
Yes, I did love the pattern and yes, I’ll be doing one from This and That again.  They are fast and don’t hang around too long. 

Search This Blog

Humboldt Broncos

Humboldt Broncos
This blog is dedicated to the young people that lost their lives from the Humboldt Hockey Team. It is also dedicated to the first responders, the doctors and nurses and to the families and the people of Saskatchewan

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF