Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I’ve had this bee in my bonnet

for quite awhile now.  It was something I’ve wanted to try and I will try it again.
The final clue for that little mystery quilt come out on the 25th of March and the next day I went downstairs and worked on it.
This is what it was suppose to look like.  I have to say I was really happy with the outcome.
IMG_6054
As it was it would have made the greatest little table topper, but I wanted a baby quilt as soon as the directions said “star”.
I played with it on EQ and came up with this, this and that and I tried it, but after three cuts and joining two fabrics, I opted out!  I still wanted “the bee in my bonnet”. 
I set to work with my measuring tape and my three fabrics. 
two borders
I do have two borders on this.  The turquoise and the white.  If you look closely you will see that the borders vary in width.  I was trying to get the centre piece up in one corner.  IMG_6057 I’m going to try this again one day.  I’ll set it up higher to the left and top.  I kind of like it.  It’s different.  Another quilt for another baby.  Time to get it quilted!
Yes, I did love the pattern and yes, I’ll be doing one from This and That again.  They are fast and don’t hang around too long. 

Search This Blog