Thursday, April 11, 2013

It’s bound for

Julia.
When I decided to get the label ready for this little quilt, I thought of the poem “My Snowball”.  I went searching on the internet and while there, I found a font for the wee gal’s name.  I wanted Julia, but didn’t like it, but when I found “Scott”, it looked perfect.  I also found Snowball so that definitely decided it!
IMG_6078
The first quilt I made for Miss Jewels, I wrote a story to go with it, so I had to do something special for this one.
The binding took me two evenings and it is now residing in it’s new home.
IMG_6080
For those that aren’t familiar with the names of blocks, this is what we call a “
nine patch”, because there are nine squares in it.IMG_6083  
This is a “snowball” block and to me it doesn’t look anything like a snowball, but hey its close enough.
IMG_6086  I threw this up and over the railing at the stoop where I hang my laundry from.  I wanted you to see how well the backing went with the front.  Such a snob!!!
IMG_6082
The quilting?  Ah, Robin did such a great job on it.  She always does.  IMG_6081
Thanks again Tracy.  I love this quilt.  I know Julia loves it too.
Ah wait, the full backing.  Gee, I nearly forgot to show it to you.  Big creamy white blocks to widen it out. 
IMG_6077

Search This Blog