Monday, April 8, 2013

I bought a book…...

a very pretty book.
I don’t normally go for this style of quilt, but these are so pretty and so feminine, I just had to have it.
IMG_6064
This is the cover and this is what grabbed my eye.  Such a dainty look to this quilt.  I pictured a little girl snuggled up underneath it. 
I love appliqué.  I don’t do a lot of it, but I do love to have it to take along when we travel.  It is so portable.
floral 2 001
This is the quilt on the back cover.  You put the flowers on with big buttons!  I love that idea.  You could make them all up ahead of time and after it’s quilted you could stitch them on.  A great job for a stitch and chat day.
IMG_6068
This is called Strawberries and Cream and before we know it our strawberries will be in the markets.  I love the softness of this one.  Not usually my style, but for some reason this time it is.
IMG_6067
  I love the edging on this one.  Always wanted to do scallops and this is my year to “evolve”, so I may have to give it a go.

How easy is this?  It’s very pretty. IMG_6065  A bit of piecing and a bit of appliqué.  Perfect. 
I’m thinking hand work for our trip to Ottawa while we sit around in the evenings……………….if we sit around in the evenings that is.
This is the last one.  I love the idea of the backgrounds in this quilt.   IMG_6069Books give us such wonderful ideas.  I wouldn’t have thought of doing this but what I just might have to.

Search This Blog