Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chapter two

I left you with the burning question.....what did she do?   IMG_6425
This is the centre of the quilt.  It was as you remember, a table topper which I made into a baby quilt.  Easy, easy quilting and that star right in the middle?  I traced around a Post-it Notes Star shape.  IMG_6439 Just dark enough so I could see to stitch. IMG_6420



I decided to do a "piano key" border.  Just wide stitching down all four sides.  I didn't have the size masking tape in the house so I took what I had......1" wide and
IMG_6421
doubled it up.  After I stitched the line, I moved it down lying the first piece against the line and then the second piece right beside it.  It worked out great!

IMG_6422This is it.....all done (well, except the binding which will be by tomorrow) all quilted with my walking foot.  

Okay, everyone go back up to the top of the page and click on Blogs I Follow........now click on Tamarack Shack == the one from Manitoba.

Take a look at the photos that Kathy has posted.  Isn't that ice formation incredible?  I have never seen anything like that before.  It will be gone soon.......the ice that is, not the post.

Search This Blog