Welcome to Fall

Welcome to Fall
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Will it or won’t it

that was the question on the little quilt we used for mitering borders yesterday.
I wasn’t sure about that border fabric.  Yes, it was from the same line as the little squares…..remember this one from last year?
IMG_3925
I found some strips left in a box so I cut them into 2 1/2” squares and added a tone on tone to make an Irish Chain.
As I wasn’t sure about the border, I measured off 3”, placed each block up on the border fabric as I made it. 
IMG_5700
Yikes that red is rich!

IMG_5705

Slightly better…….

IMG_5706
okay, pretty sure it will look good.

When stitching my blocks together I try to remember to sew them so that the seams are visible. IMG_5708If I can see them, then I can lay them flat with a straight pin and I won’t have “buckling” underneath.
I’m happy with how this one turned out.  Time to get it quilted with a lime green thread and a whole lot of cross hatching!

When I sewed this one together, I remembered to place the same red fabric in the blocks away from the border so it didn't flow into it.  I noticed when I placed them on the flannel wall that it was a "bit much".
IMG_5734

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF