Thursday, March 14, 2013

Will it or won’t it

that was the question on the little quilt we used for mitering borders yesterday.
I wasn’t sure about that border fabric.  Yes, it was from the same line as the little squares…..remember this one from last year?
IMG_3925
I found some strips left in a box so I cut them into 2 1/2” squares and added a tone on tone to make an Irish Chain.
As I wasn’t sure about the border, I measured off 3”, placed each block up on the border fabric as I made it. 
IMG_5700
Yikes that red is rich!

IMG_5705

Slightly better…….

IMG_5706
okay, pretty sure it will look good.

When stitching my blocks together I try to remember to sew them so that the seams are visible. IMG_5708If I can see them, then I can lay them flat with a straight pin and I won’t have “buckling” underneath.
I’m happy with how this one turned out.  Time to get it quilted with a lime green thread and a whole lot of cross hatching!

When I sewed this one together, I remembered to place the same red fabric in the blocks away from the border so it didn't flow into it.  I noticed when I placed them on the flannel wall that it was a "bit much".
IMG_5734

Search This Blog