Baby panel

Baby panel
Flutterbye

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Monday, March 11, 2013

Okay, it’s bright and early

Monday morning and you are forgiven if you need to go back and see what I wrote last Friday.  Diamonds are the name, they aren’t my game!!!
I was at the point the top was finished and we needed borders.
trimmed and ready for borders

Look how those little pandas popped right off that fabric!

I auditioned my choices…….using up my stash……which ones to choose…….IMG_5664
these are them.
This quilt was longer than wider so I had to do some thinking.  (Did you see the smoke rising?)
I love baby quilts to be about 36” x 36”.  It was about 21” x 30” so what do you do?
I opted to make the side borders wider and the top and bottom narrower.IMG_5665   Not much difference on the tone on tone cream, but on the green I really changed up the size.  The sides are cut 2 3/4” and the top and bottom (from now on named T & B) 1 1/4”.  I wasn’t going to put the borders on the T & B, but decided I needed to for the flow of the fabrics.
I finished it up with the bluey/turquoisey fabric. 
IMG_5666
I did the same thing again.  T & B were cut 2 1/4” and the sides were cut 3 3/4”.  I only had so much fabric left and decided this time it was going to go!  It’s gone.
I have the binding chosen.  I’ll set it aside while I quilt this one up.  It was hard to get a good photo of this, but it’s that dottie one from the centre of the quilt.  Backing……..flannel I think.  I still have loads of it on hand. IMG_5668 I have diamonds out of my system.  I won’t be making another one.  I’ll leave it to those that like to fiddle and fool more than I do!
Oh would you like to know the unfinished size? 
35 1/2” x 37 1/2”
My This and That is done.
IMG_5741
IMG_5742
I have my thinking cap on as to how this is going to go together. 

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF