Thursday, March 28, 2013

I’m going on holiday

to my house for the next three days.  Easter is here and we have days off……Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Sunday.
The old fella and I are cooking a turkey this year for Easter dinner.  We normally have ham, but as I’ve had this bird in the freezer for awhile I think it’s time we cooked it up.  I’ll still make my lemon meringue pie for dessert…………….we won’t need it, but I’ll make it anyway.  (Plans changed since I wrote this.  The pie is now going to our son’s house and believe me, none of it will come home.)
I’ve decorated the house for the three day occasion.  I started with the French doors into the living-room and brought out bunny to sit on the floor and bunnies to sit on the mantel.
When we were up in New Hamburg I bought this IMG_5948 kit to make a table runner.  I’ve never had an Easter one before, so figured it was time.  The pattern is from Disa Designs.  I do love her work but I get a titch annoyed with her tracing pages.  They are back to back

IMG_5950and a devil to trace.  This time I took the one side and put in on the scanner and made another copy.  I should do this for the other side too, but it might be easier to take to a photocopy shop and have them do it.

IMG_5951I’m one of those that doesn’t do well tracing patterns.  I tend to wander off and have two things traced into one.  Must be an age thing.
I’m not a kit buyer as I’ve heard horror stories from folks about there not being enough fabric.  Not from this store.  There was plenty!
IMG_5949They even included the fusible web.  I set it aside and used what I had.  I love a product called Trans-Web, unfortunately, I have no idea where you can buy it other than Sewing Machines, etc., in Burlington, Ontario.  I never have a gummed up needle and I’ve heard that Pellon fusible is one of the worst on the market.  If it gums up your needle, it will eventually work its way down into your machine and imagine what it will do with that!
I had this much done in less than
IMG_5952half a day.  It takes me longer to blanket stitch than trace and cut and I do it on the sewing machine.   
It’s done.  It’s on the table and we do like it.
I wish I had thought to buy fabric for placemats.
IMG_5975   Darn it anyway







happy easter

Search This Blog