Just Ducky

Just Ducky
by Cheri Leffler

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Friday, February 22, 2013

The last one for this month......................

and then and again maybe not............................it really isn't.
You don’t need a free motion foot to quilt a quilt.  You can use your walking foot and do simple quilting and it will look fabulous.
Yesterday I featured this one:
IMG_5472
straight lines staggered over the entire quilt.  It looks really good.
After I had this one up to the point of hand stitching the binding down, I worked on the partner of this quilt.  Bindings are for stitch and chat days.
Once again I did straight quilting.  Absolutely nothing fancy.  There is no reason to stitch in the ditch!  I don’t because one second of looking away and you aren’t in the ditch anymore and for once that is where you wanted to be.  I took my ruler and using it as a guide, I placed the 1/2” marking on the seam.  IMG_5486 Then that wonderful masking tape came out and I ran a piece along the ruler.  I did this on both sides of IMG_5485the seam.
 

IMG_5488




I did this for every seam in the quilt in both directions.  It took longer to lay down the tape than it did to sew the lines of stitching.  I love how it turned it.  It follows the pattern in the quilt and gives it some emphasis……IMG_5487
I spent one afternoon sewing it and I had it all done before supper. IMG_5493IMG_5494

  The  back looks great too.
IMG_5495
Now to bind with maybe that goldie coloured fabric.  I think that will look good both from the front and from the back.

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF