Friday, February 8, 2013

Luck be a lady tonight

or at least that day way back at the end of January.
On December 4th, 2012 my friend Mary Ann who lives in Texas popped a little parcel in the mail.  It was a Christmas gift.  It never came and it never came and Mary Ann was ready to start another to replace it.  I told her to wait.  I was so angry one month later I posted on Facebook on both the USPS and CPS sites about their lousy delivery service.
On Monday, January 28th, Karl asked if I had bought some fabric on line.  I said no and he said there is a parcel for you.  Boy, did I boot it to the front door.  Inside was this wonderful wall hanging.
IMG_5364
Mary Ann and I having a cup of tea on the sofa with wee Miss Misty wandering by.  Each of those squares measures a whopping 1”. How many are there?  I have no idea.  It is beautiful and it has a place of honour in my upstairs sewing room.  Thank you Mary Ann.
Then on Tuesday, January 29th, I went over to Robin’s to pick up a quilt and drop two off.  Way back the beginning of January Robin posted on Facebook about “paying it forward.” IMG_5368 I said I would join in and she had my little gift for me.  It’s my favourite spray starch.  I love this stuff and it is just the best at getting wrinkles out of fabric.
That was my luck and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

And yes, that is my Anne of Green Gables doll, IMG_5444purchased on the Island where she resided.  She has red hair, she is dressed in a green dress and her name is Ann with an  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Well our luck ran out.  We woke up to a winter snowstorm.  It is beautiful outside my door this morning.  IMG_5447
A Texas low met an Alberta clipper and here she is.

Search This Blog