Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I’ve started

Last summer when we went to PEI, I bought a load of Anne of Green Gables fabrics specifically for pillowcases.  I decided the other night when Karl was watching a show on tv that I don’t care for, to go down to the “big” sewing room and get cutting.
I had a few metres of the body fabric, but in the store I couldn’t find anything that worked well for the band.  I took the piece to a local store and there it was just waiting for me. 
I cut the all the bodies.  26” x 41” and then the co-IMG_5325 ordinates…..11” x 41”.  By the time the hour was over I had quite the stack with more cutting to do. 
I do have two done, and putting these through the serger will make the job even faster.  IMG_5327
Margery brought in some cuffs/bands and we found co-ordinates.  Her pile is on the left, mine on the right.
IMG_5371

I’ll stack them up when I’m done so you can see them all.  Simple, easy and a cheer me up for the kids at Ronald McDonald house.

Ah-ha, one afternoon yielded 10 pillowcases with 2 more just about finished.  I had to do the band slightly different.  I wonder if I will get some more done today?  Stay tuned.
10 to a pileSomeone just asked me where I found the pattern.........it's here:
 http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/instructions/RollItUp.pdf

I’ve been rather neglectful in letting you know about another BOM.  It’s over on Debbie Mumm’s website
http://www.debbiemumm.com/Projects/QuiltBlocks/2013/
IMG_5270
This is my first row.  It is still available until the end of February.  You will notice that it only comes out every 2 months, so this is January/February.  I’m ready for March/April.
I’m thinking I’d like to buy her new book.  She has cute things……….I don’t need another book though, I really don’t.  Maybe I should just keep saying that to myself.

Search This Blog