Thursday, January 24, 2013

This column is the hardest one

I’ve ever written.  I have started it and deleted, started again and deleted.  Maybe this is the one.  I hope so.
On December 14th, 2012, 20 children in a small town in Connecticut were shot in their school.  All of us know the story and I’m not going to re-iterate it.  It was a tragedy I cannot comprehend.  It has stayed with me day after day.
I cannot do anything for the families left behind.  I don’t know what I would do living so many miles away.  Instead I’ve decided and I want no pats on the back, to do something for the children in my area.  My goal this year is to donate 20 baby quilts to Healthy Babies, Healthy Children.  My goal this year is to donate 20 pillowcases to Ronald McDonald house in Hamilton, Ontario.  I have one quilt done.
IMG_5252I have another top nearly finished.  I’ll get to it shortly. 
These will all be donated in memory of those little people that have left such a big hole in our hearts.  May God bless.

On a cheerier note, today is................are you ready..................

Visit your local quilt shop day!!!  Martingale told me that on an email that came in last week.....Martingale is proud to be a sponsor of Visit Your Local Quilt Shop (LQS) Day—a worldwide celebration of independent quilt shops. Created by the Fabric Shop Network, this inaugural day is the perfect time to plan a fun shop adventure with your best quilting buds and spread the word about your favorite LQS.


Photobucket  
 

The Quilters' Garden Patch

77 Bronte Road

Oakville, Ontario

Awesome I had the most magnificent trip to this store last Saturday.  Sherri Hissey of Border Creek Station Pattern Company did a trunk show.  It was



I've seen a lot of shows over the years, but this beautiful gal was a joy to watch and to listen to.  Her quilts were phenomenal and those that live in this area and didn't get to see it..................well, what can I say.  I'm sorry you did.  That's about it.
If the opportunity ever arises for you to catch Sherri, do it.  Book the date and don't let anyone talk you out of it.  You won't be disappointed.  You will be inspired, you will learn, you will go home and quilt!
I totally agree with her...............you can never have enough quilts.  Hang them on the walls, use them on your tables, put them on your beds. 
QUILT!!!  

Search This Blog