It’s a yo-yo maker. I bought two of them awhile back to make my life easier. (They are different sizes, just in case you were wondering why the heck I would buy two of the same size.)
I make yo-yo’s once in awhile for different projects and have always had to run around the house looking and measuring round things to make templates. Drives me nuts!!!!!! I never have the right size. It just never exists within the walls of my home.
Now the old way is okay, but I’ve always had a few problems……the main one being that the fabric would slip around as I was stitching the edge. NO MORE!!!!!
The little green thingie snaps into the ”base” and holds that fabric snug. Its fantastic!!!! I made a ton of them sitting listening to the tv one night.
I had all my pieces of fabric cut, so I snapped a piece in, trimmed it off, stitched around, unsnapped the “tool”, pulled the thread tight, and bob’s your uncle, I had a yo-yo done in under 5 minutes.
I need quite a few for this piece but a couple of more nights sitting in the living-room with Karl and I’ll have them all done.
I can then mount them on the background fabric and stitch them in place on a Wednesday when our stitching group meets. I should have the first block of this quilt finished by the end of January. That’s my plan anyway.
I did do something that helped me out a bit with this. The two pieces have to be snapped together in just the right spots. There are three markings on each piece and they have to line up…….. Those two that are circled in red are the points you have to align. If you do them, the rest just settle right in where they belong. I marked one of them with a black marker and that is where I start to stitch. I just used a Sharpie marker. The reason I marked it ……. I kept stitching past where I had started. Old eyes, folks, just old eyes.