Monday, January 28, 2013

I said I would try and I did

but don’t know how many times I will do it.
I sewed my binding down by machine on the little quilt you saw last week.  I promised Anita I would give it a go. 
I sewed my binding down from the back side so I could finish the sewing from the top.
IMG_5242
I leave a tail the length of my hand which measures 6 1/2”.  I measured my hand a long time ago and use it often to measure off things.  Comes in handy when the tape measure isn’t where it should be.  IMG_5243 I’ll use it again when I get to the end of stitching down the binding.  Then I add about 3 more inches.
IMG_5245 After I had all the binding sewn down, I did the zig-zag thing around the edge and then I pressed the binding over to the front.  I don’t know whether this is recommended but I figured it wouldn’t hurt.  It didn’t.
I tried to sew it down, turning it over while I stitched but it didn’t work well enough for me.  Maybe it was because it was my first time, don’t know.  I took out my new clips and used two of them to hold the binding in place. IMG_5248
I pinned the corners to make sure they sat well.  It didn’t take long to get it done.  Record time.  Less than half an hour.  It was only  a small quilt.
front corner




back
     I’ll roll this little quilt up now and put it in a pillowcase so it stays










nice and clean.  IMG_5252
It's headed for Healthy Babies, Healthy Children.  Number ONE of 20.

Search This Blog