Thursday, December 6, 2012

We’re getting there

slowly but surely.  Morgan came over and we baked all one Saturday afternoon.
I was suppose to have a workshop  but this was the only day she could come before Christmas so I gave that up.  I made the dough
IMG_4764 and popped it into the fridge until she arrived.  It was her “baking” day at her class, so by the time she got here, she was really into it.
IMG_4765
I rolled while she chose which cookie cutters were for which batch of dough.IMG_4766

It was a question as to whether we would make both batches in one day.  Grandpa decided we would.

After they were baked, decorating had to be done.
IMG_4767
Morgan loves to make gingerbread but doesn’t like to eat it, so she doesn’t decorate it either.
IMG_4768
It doesn’t really matter to me whether its got the icing or it hasn’t.  I’ll eat it either way.
This was her favourite…..note the “M” at the top of the stocking.  IMG_4770



These went home (well, not the snowflake.  It stayed here).  I have a small container tucked away for company and the family party.
IMG_4769
I use a recipe from a cookbook I bought from Company’s Coming many years ago.  When Morgan saw the book, she said “HEY, my Mom’s got that book!!” 
This is the recipe we used for the cookies, minus the cardamon.  I used real vanilla instead of the extract variety.  You could smell those cookies all through the house.
http://www.companyscoming.com/recipes/sugar-cookies/2005/11/189/

Search This Blog