Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It was our last trip shop hopping

for the year. 
We started out around 9:15 under a cloudy sky that was hanging low and it felt like something was coming in.  They forecasted snow, but nothing was out there so we made an instant decision to start further away and make our way back just in case the weatherman was right.
Our destination this time was a little town called Waterford famous for itsmap pumpkin festival in October.  Not to us however.  We love the Quilt Junction just off the main street.  IMG_4867IMG_4866
It was their annual open house and we wanted to introduce Charleen to this store as she will be moving to the area this spring.  We already know we will be meetingIMG_4864 her there when the winter is over.    A beautiful tree greeted us as we stepped in the front door.  Then we let loose.  I had some Steam a Seam on order and I found the perle cotton I need for Christmas decorations and I wanted some fabric for a quilt I fully intend to make for Kristina and Paul’s 20th anniversary.  
This series of photos I took from different spots in the shop.  Every fabric you would want, is here.  Its a fantastic place.

We all bought the kits to make these……IMG_4861
gee, I hope they are easy.  Mine are going to be funky instead of traditional. 
This guy really caught my eye.  There is no pattern......I did ask.....but I have a photo to look at.IMG_4869


When we cashed out and yes we cashed!!!!, we got to look up……way up and take in this.
IMG_4863 Perfect for an old railway station.  Thanks to Lana and her staff.  We had a great morning browsing, shopping, and taking everything in.  We’ll be back!
IMG_4862Tomorrow, the damage I did to the credit card.  

Search This Blog