Friday, December 7, 2012

Finish it Friday

Prairie Girl probably thinks I’d forgotten all about these photos and I didn’t.  I was waiting until I had lots to show you and that isn’t going to happen, so lets just post what I have and get on with it.
Way back when, three of us went to a quilt show in Ingersoll.  We all bought the same kit…….only one of us started, kept going and finished.  It was not the writer of this column or her cohort that lives in the same town……that leaves you know who.
IMG_5561
IMG_5560 I have started the Santa one and doubt very much if it will be finished in time for this Christmas.  Ah well, a project for over the holidays.  Very nicely done Irene.  I may snag this when you aren’t looking.
What have I finished?  Binding on a quilt.  Who’s quilt?  I don’t know, could be ours, could be our DIL’s.  Depends on whether I get a quilt done for her 20th anniversary next October. 
IMG_4722 I found a really neat font on Word for the label.  The fabric in the quilt is two layer cakes and the pattern is called Double Slice so I doubled the print! IMG_4723Our new furniture came and its all set up.  Everyone likes it so that’s a bonus.  Quite different for us.  Never had anything quite this bright in our room.  It was time for a change……..obviously a big change.IMG_4725  IMG_4726 The chair with the print is the “old fella’s”.  I thought one piece of furniture with that would be plenty in our small living room. 
I found this lovely website….http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.ca/2007/10/mitten-ornament-tutorial.html ……..and thought I would try to replicate what she had done.  I didn’t do as good a job, but I’m very happy with what I did.  I had three made at the time of writing the column.  Only 10 to go, maybe. IMG_4852
It could be only 8.  I haven’t decided if girlfriends/boyfriends are getting a decoration this year.  I’m thinking “no” right now.  These I made up and then sprayed with adhesive glue and sprinkled some glitter on them.  They still need their hanging cord.  I wish I could find some more of those brown buttons.  I’m trying desperately not to add to my craft stuff at the moment. 
IMG_4853

Search This Blog