Thursday, November 1, 2012

Last Saturday

Kelly drove down from Georgetown and then we drove over to Burlington.  There was a new fibre arts show being held and instead of driving to the London Quilt Show we opted to stay closer to home.
We weren’t disappointed.  The show was fabulous, terrific and yes, some pieces were breathtaking.
Watch for slide number 30 called Homeless Love.  I cannot give this piece of work enough praise.  When you were within inches of it, you couldn’t decipher what it was but when you stepped back……well you will see.  It was made from gauze!  Yes, that is what I said…..gauze. 
I tried to get a lot of the different works and I think everything is well represented.  No, I didn’t take photos of everything.  128 pieces were on display in this juried exhibition.
Will I go again?  You can bet on it.  It was  a fantastic way to spend a rainy morning.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own digital slideshow

Search This Blog