Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It was a sight to

behold.

On Monday November 19th, the local YMCA, which is located right around the corner from our house, held a Candlelight Walk for Peace.  Afterwards, people went back for hot chocolate and to release Wish Lanterns.

Karl just happened to glance out the window and wondered what the heck was going on.  As he ran to the back door, I was close on his heels.  What a sight!  I ran back in the house and grabbed my camera.

IMG_4715 - Copy They were floating so gracefully across the dark night sky.  Little bits of brightness flickering ever so gently.

IMG_4716 - Copy We snapped away to our hearts content all the while holding our breath and saying…….”It’s so beautiful. Oh my gosh, it’s so beautiful.”  It’s something you’ve wanted to see for a long, long time and now you had the chance.

IMG_4718 - CopyLittle bits of puffy clouds rolled in front of the lanterns, but they continued on their journey to the north west for other Town folk to see. 

It was an evening we won’t forget for a long time.  I wish I had known about the walk, I would have participated and wished for peace.  Next year, I’ll be there.  Perhaps the world will have peace by then and we won’t have to hope for it.  

Last night Karl, Kristina and I were fortunate to attend "Creating a Scene".  It was a presentation of the arts by different schools in Halton County.  They came from Georgetown, Acton, Milton, Oakville and Burlington.  They sang, they dance, they acted.  It was beyond words.  The talent of our youth is phenomenal.  Schools my kids attended, their kids attended and are attending took part.  We sat for 2 hours, which passed so quickly, and enjoyed every single moment.  The outstanding performance of the evening was presented by a group of children from White Oaks Secondary School, north campus.  Thank you........your presentation of "Stronger" was outstanding.  I guarantee you that no one will forget any of you. 

Search This Blog