Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I just read an interesting

article in regards to needles.  The ones you use in long arm machines.  However, I wonder if it is the same for home machines.  I wonder who I can ask for an honest answer!
Everyday it seems we get inundated with new things to make our lives easier when we sit down to sew/quilt.  I don’t call myself a  sewer, but I do classify myself as a quilter.  New needles sewing-machine-needle seem to be popping up and they keep saying we have to buy these new ones because they are soooooooo much better than what the others are.
I tend to doubt a  lot of the hype.  I do not like topstitch needles.  Its personal, I’m not getting into it.  The other ones out there are suppose to be better……..the new titanium.  I haven’t jumped on that bandwagon either.  I’m going to refer you to this article and you have to scroll down a bit to read what DAWN CAVANAUGH wrote.
http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F22135-groz-beckert-can-we-use-this-needle%2Fpage__hl__+groz++beckert++needles#entry312907
Now as I have never used these needles, I can’t say whether this would happen in our home machines.  I do know after reading this I’m not willing to try.  Imagine putting on the final border of a quilt and you have no more fabric and the needle does a number on it.  I’m not willing to take that chance.


I have decided against doing a BOM for next year.  I simply don't have the time to get going on one, and write up all the instructions, do the samples, etc., etc. 
I will do a quilt-along with you though.  The pattern is all done, but how long it is available I don't know.  I would suggest you take a look at the quilt.......its for Christmas.......and if you want to, you can download all the instructions and we will work on it together.
 
 
Before you begin the download, go to your Documents and open a New File called Jingle Bell.  Download all the patterns into this file so you will be able to find them easily every month.
I'm not printing off right now, but think I may start the wreath as that is hand work and I can do that in the evenings, if I have nothing else to do.
By the way, it's
 

Search This Blog