in time, but not for lack of trying. I had to hand Karl a gift that I just didn’t have time to complete. I worked until 9:30 at night and was up the next morning to sew down the last of the binding by machine.
I did have all the quilting done and was so happy with the results. I started with the meandering between everything and then did the leaves. I didn’t want to rethread a lot so did all of them in one go. I then threaded up with red and did the apples/berries/cherries ~~ whatever ~~ and the Cardinal giving him a wing so he can fly away before the snowstorm hits. The berries I did some stippling and I love the way they turned out.
The trees I started out one way and then switched to straight lines on the big branches, which I must admit took me longer than the free motion quilting.
As there was a lot of quilting in the centre of the piece I knew I had to do lots in the borders. If not, the quilt would be “wavy”. I opted to do more meandering. I wasn’t going to, but what I thought I would do just didn’t look very good. I unpicked again!!! I did that a few times on this little piece. Not on the fused pieces though……..if there are mistakes on fusible web, they stay!!! It is really difficult to take out the “holes” after you have stitched through the web, so make sure before you start.
I took my clips and put the binding back, propped the wall hanging up in Karl’s chair so he would see it when he walked down the hall. Now I know someone spotted it but I sort of thought nothing of it. I should have known better. Here she is all tucked up neatly inside. Little devil……
TA-DA!!!!. Done, done, done and we love it. Oh and the label too. This is what you get when you trace the pattern the wrong way……..an extra Cardinal!