Thursday, November 8, 2012

At the fibre arts

show Kelly and I went to last week, there was a merchant’s mall.  I was being really good until we hit the last one.  Bad, bad, bad.  The shop over in Waterford is my downfall.  I buy from them at every show.  This time it was charm packs.  IMG_4496 I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I joined them up and thought about it for 10 minutes.  That’s all it took.  I wanted something fast and easy.  This is for the back of the new sofa.
IMG_4497
There wasn’t a lot of colour variations so I started with tan, then green, red, and finally black.  I started all over and continued in that vein until I had 12 rows.
It took me one day – not even that – to sew it all together.  Only one mistake in the whole thing.  I was finished by coffee time…..3:00 pm in my house.
IMG_4505 I had a backing in the cupboard and pulled it out and this is what I’m using.  I found this in a little quilt shop up in Mennonite country……sorry, I don’t remember the name of the shop or where it was.  We were out for a drive and I saw it as we were driving along.
IMG_4506It’s going to stay 38 x 38”.  I don’t want to buy more fabric.  This will just lie on the back of the sofa during the holiday season.  (I told a fib......more about this next week.)
I have a great quilting design already picked out, but I want thread in either red or green.  Of course, I do…….I don’t have that colour thread from Superior in my thread collection.
I’ll post it when its done. Oh, the binding….well, I think that is going to be a solid black.  That should pop it off the new sofa.  
 
 
                        

Search This Blog