Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You know those moments

you get and you just want to shout out
Yes!!!!!
I’ve got it, by George, I’ve got it.
I had one of those recently.  Nearly knocked myself over when I clipped my forehead with the palm of my hand.
How many times have you had gone to sew rows together and one block – perhaps two blocks aren’t right? 
I’m not counting. 
 I do know how frustrated I get and reverse stitching is not my thing especially when I have small stitches.
Okay here is the tip I came up with.  Take a strip of masking tape and number it.  You need one number 1, two number 2’s, etc.  One for each block in a row. 
IMG_4371a Cut the numbers apart and take them to the blocks you have all lined up.  Mine are always on my flannel board.  Place along the sides of the block that you want sewn together.
IMG_4374a Match up the numbers………..2 goes with 2………3 goes with 3.
Pin them together and then stitch.Make sure you don’t have them right on the edge of the block.  You must allow for your 1/4” seam allowance.
When the row is completed, it will be perfect!!  No more reverse stitching, frogging, frustration!
The proof is in the pudding as they say.  8 rows sewn together and nary a seam ripper to be taken out of its holder.
IMG_4401

Search This Blog