Friday, October 19, 2012

Way back in

April of 2011 I talked about this book
redwork and my friend Jan said she would love to have it.  She has it and look what she did!
IMG_0232 (1) Isn’t it beautiful!!!  Knowing Jan it isn’t machine quilted either……not like her cheater friend.  This is the back
IMG_0233Jan says the quilt has lots of meaning for her.  The backing is a tablecloth that once belonged to her Mom (a wonderful lady) and her friend sent her the book. 
I should get started on mine – soon!
Another finished quilt for Friday comes from Betty.  I saw this on our quilting forum when a photo was posted so I asked my Illinois friend to send me a copy so you could see it too.
Fiddle Sticks by Kansas Troubles  This is called Fiddlesticks and the pattern company is Kansas Troubles.  Betty is the queen of scrap quilts.  She does a fabulous job on them. 
Now I would like you to take a look at the butterfly quilt.  Isn’t that beautiful?  The quilt was started by Betty’s Mom and after she died Betty took the blocks and made up the quilt. 

Search This Blog