Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The old fella is

turning 80 on his birthday on November 6th.  He isn’t your typical 80 year old.  Quite young in fact……must be me that keeps him that way.
I looked at his chair one day and decided he needed a new one.  On Sunday night I told him we were going to look for one.  I had one picked out  a furniture store a few miles from here, but then we decided to shop in town.  He sat in one chair, then another and then another and finally he found one he liked.  It has a high back on it and he loves that.  Well darn, I liked that one too so before we knew it we had a sofa and 2 chairs picked out.  We are going to have a co-ordinated living-room which is a first for us. 
These are the fabric choices.  The print is for Karl’s chair and the solid is my chair and the chesterfield.  IMG_4423 That is rust you see……you may have to use your imagination.
This is so far removed from our colour scheme I don’t have a quilt for the back of the new sofa which will arrive in about 6 weeks.  Darn it anyway I had to go to the quilt store.  As I had the sample pieces for only one day I had to move on this.
IMG_4425 These are them.  The pattern is called Splashed!
Now let me tell you about the excitement.  As we walked out the door there were ambulances and police cars in the parking lot a few doors over.
joshua creek2 The bank had been robbed while we were shopping for our furniture.  That was a little close to home.  Didn’t know a thing.  Sometimes its better that way

Search This Blog