Friday, October 5, 2012

October in Canada is a

lot of things.  The leaves are changing colour in all parts of the land, Thanksgiving is coming which means turkey and all the fixin’s, and then right at the end of the month, Halloween.

I didn’t want this BOM to be all North American, but boy that is hard.  I know some parts of the world don’t have Halloween, but Canada and the United States do.   I remember some of my costumes and some that my kids donned.  Its a great night to be a child. 


                  Trick or treat


trick or treat Smell my feet


Give me something


Good to eat


or perhapswitch


Shell out, shell out


The witches are about


 


October is pumpkin month and folks will be heading out to the fields to select the perfect one for their family.  We’ll be making pumpkin pies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin loaves and jack o'lanterns for all Hallows Eve.


Here is the embroidered version of the block.  I did NOT embroider the words on the sign.  I used my pigma pen to write it on and I did that for all three styles of the block.


IMG_4263 and now the fused version    I wrote the words on this one too.
 
IMG_4261


This is the combined block  and once again I saved myself a lot of work and frustration by writing the words on the sign.


IMG_4262Here’s your link to download the pattern:



I have bought my backings and here they are.  I went online and ordered them from Thousands of Bolts and within a week they were in my mailbox.  The first two are Stonehenge and the last one is called Leafy Scroll.  I think they will look great on the backs of the quilts.


IMG_4272
                                                          

                                                   

Now to get them sandwiched and quilted.  At least two of them before Christmas.  

Search This Blog