Monday, October 15, 2012

I’m almost done my

Christmas sewing.  The actual needed sewing.  I do have quilt tops to sandwich and then quilt, but basically the work is done.
I made Peter and Heather two sets of placemats.  This is set number one for everyday meals.
IMG_4034 This fabric was suppose to be used in a bag and they were all ready to weave together…………then I changed my mind.  I sat for a couple of days and unpicked the seams and reworked the strips into placemats.
The batting inside is Insul-Bright.  I started with an 11 1/2” square of fabric and laid in on the batting on point.  Placemats Then I started laying the 2 1/2” wide stripes…….one on the left top and the right bottom and then the opposite two corners.  Placemats 2 I then did the next colourplacemats 3   and finished up with the corners.placemat 4 
I laid the backing fabric right sides together with the finished front and stitched around leaving an opening for turning. Turn them right side out and slip stitch the opening closed and then machine stitch around the entire placemat.  All in a day’s work……don’t we wish!
I made 6 and also made a candle mat of the same fabric, but used a different pattern.  I’ll show you that pattern tomorrow.

Search This Blog