Wednesday, September 19, 2012

They are

done.  All of them……..for now.  No more birthdays until November and December and then we make up for lost time.  Would you believe that we know people who celebrate birthdays from December 19th right through to the 26th.  Thank heavens we don’t have to buy for all of them.  Bad enough I had Peter on the 20th, but then he married someone born on the 24th.  My BFF celebrates her birthday on the 23rd, her son is the 25th and her daughter is the 26th. 
I made Brandon’s card awhile ago, cause it was easy.  The young chap is 20 this year, so he gets 20 candles on his cake and 0ne for good luck.  Next year has to be better for him.  I told him stay away from the girls…………..IMG_3980 I should have put a fire extinguisher inside just for the heck of it, but this is what I did…..IMG_3981 Right after Brandon, comes Kyle.  8 days to be exact.  He will be 18……we were just home from Kentucky the day he came along.  We found a note on the stove that read “Peter and Heather have a baby  ___ .”  Our daughter did that.  IMG_3978 Next up is Morgan.  She usually celebrates on Thanksgiving week-end but not this year.  She is a rip roaring 12 this year and can’t wait.  There is a law in Ontario that says any child under that age cannot sit in the front seat.  Well, now she can.  I bet she goes for a car ride that night.  IMG_3976 This gal wants to go to culinary school so Grandpa and I are giving her a cookbook and an apron. IMG_3977 A long time ago, when the earth was new, Karl and I were married.  We got married on the 18th of September but the minister of my church wrote the 19th on the marriage license.  This way we get to celebrate either day or both.  IMG_3979
Another job behind me.  Now onto something else.
 
No tuxedos, no wedding gown, no fussiness at all.  The reception was held in my parent's basement.  the only frill............a three tiered wedding cake and we still have the little "thingy" that sat on top.  Yellowed with age, but then so are we.
 

Search This Blog