Friday, September 7, 2012

Now you see it

IMG_3807
now you don’t
IMG_3815
Finally, after all these years, the lattice work around the deck could come down.  No more little ones to worry about falling through to the rock garden below.   Of course, one did fall over the top one day and bonked his head.  He looked up at his Mom and said to her “you were suppose to catch me.” 

I decided grey paint would be nice so we trooped off to the hardware store and after nicely being told by someone they didn’t like the colour I had chosen (it was too dark), I opted for another. (He didn’t much care for that one either.) We came home and set to work.  One on the deck for the inside work and one on the outside.  Didn’t take long at all.
IMG_3816  I’m not allowed to change that red, so someone better think about giving it a fresh coat of stain, or I’m going to the lumber yard to buy one called pewter to go with my deck.  IMG_3820This is where I hang my laundry from or where someone takes their afternoon nap.  Hard done by poor little thing.  Gets a little mattress to lay on.  Some children should be so lucky.
IMG_3818  I bought some new “mums” for an empty spot in the garden.  These are perennials so we are getting there slowly but surely.  We would like all the beds to only need a bit of maintenance and not constantly planting flowers. IMG_3821
As soon as all the painting is done, I will get these in the ground.  Yes I said “I”.  Once in awhile I do get in the gardening mood………not often, but it does happen.

Search This Blog