Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I have joined a

swap on my quilting forum.  As I write this 12 people have signed up and the cut off date is in September ~~ about the 14th I think.  Don’t ask me.  I have OAML……old age memory loss.  Well, it’s nicer than what I was going to say.  LOL
I have mine made.  I had an instant idea and went with it.  I dug out my Halloween looking fabric cause its a mug rug swap.  I figure black and orange, but there is always lime green, yellow and purple along with red.  I couldn’t think of any more.
I found this in my stash  IMG_3967
so here’s my orange and black.  This is the backing so of course they will have to turn it over to see it.
 IMG_3970 I plunked this little guy up in one corner.  He has lived here long enough and its time to travel to someone else’s house.  Hope they like him.  He has a name…………it’s Bertie……….Batty Bertie……hehehehe
I’ll have to make a card to go with it.  Think I’m going to use a font my grandson introduced me to a long time ago.  It’s called Jokerman.  I like it for fun stuff like this.   Happy Halloween  Isn’t that neat?
Well, here it is……….IMG_3969 OMG, I’ve goofed.  I made a snowglobe!!!!!  I used insulating batting in this.  I know from experience if you happen to warm up a mug of coffee in the microwave it can get pretty darn hot on the bottom.  Its better to be safe than sorry.
I found this guy at Michaels the other day and bought him.  He is so cool…….IMG_3973
I don’t know who is going to get him, but it was just too good to leave behind.



Okay, I had this sent to me by Martingale.  Isn’t this the most beautiful wallpaper.  Misty has been replaced.  Oh, oh.  I’m in trouble now.
wall screen I received it in an email, but take a look here and see what you find.  You may have to scroll down a bit cause you all know I write this column days in advance.  Its a page from a calendar by Kim Diehl.  I took a gander through the calendar and think its on my purchase list for next month. 
 

Today is the Day

47 years ago today Karl and I were married.   We are going out for supper and that's about it.  We just put a new pane of glass in the bay window............not the little ones on the side.  Oh, no, the biggest pane there is in the house.  That's our gift for this year.

Search This Blog