I was going to just set them aside for something else, but they just kept shouting……use me you old fool! So I came up with this.
Of course, I had to add “something” to it, but I have lots and lots of muslin in my cupboard. I decided to give it a go but my word did I have to put my thinking cap on. I had to take some of the blocks apart to make it work, but that was okay. Reverse stitching occasionally is good for you, isn’t it?
This is what the layout looked like after I had all the 4 patch put together. I made some 6 1/2” lengths to go in between the muslin. It wasn’t big enough so back to the drawing board. I added more muslin and then strips of 2 1/2” widths and varied some of the lengths. Finally I added muslin to the edge and it fit the front so I was happy. I honestly thought this was never going to go together. It took me a few days and that means it wasn’t easy.
Now to machine quilt it. I’m thinking of using a truck design on this one. Have them chasing each other around the quilt. We’ll see if that idea works.
For the past month I've sort of rambled on about nothing just putting columns together. We've been under a bit of pressure here with family matters once again. Our poor daughter has had another two tumors removed and the wait for the diagnosis was terrible. I'm very happy to report that all is well. This kid never seems to catch a break and of course her parents worry themselves beyond sick. Thanks for sticking with me. I hope the next months are better reading for all of you.