I saw a pattern I liked in Easy Quilt Projects and if I had just followed it, things would be better. BUT, you know me……..couldn’t possibly do that. I decided to do it similar but not the same. Sorry, its kind of blurry. I took this from the internet as the battery in my camera was low.
I had 40 strips in my jelly roll set. I thought I would cut from each strip…..2-5”, 2-6” and 2-9” and then from the remainder, cut a 2 1/2” block for whatever. I figured it all out but didn’t figure out how many pieces there would be…….don’t ask where the brain was that day……………wandered off I suppose.
I pressed so the fold was gone and then I started
to cut and when I was done I had a little pile like this…… I carefully laid them out on the table and started to sew them together following the guide I had made up.
I did four rows and messed that up because I didn’t mark which row it was. I learned from that lesson. From then on, I marked the first block of every row. This is set number one. I continued on and did 3 sets and then called it quits for the night.
Its not bad. I wish I hadn’t picked up the white as an extra cause its sticking out like a sore thumb. We’ll see what happens at the end. I may machine quilt something in them to “soften” them.
Only 3 more sets to go. I just checked the internet and a crib mattress is about 28” x 52”, so my 37” x 48” will be a pretty good size.
P.S. You'll see over on the side I've "crossed" off another thing on my to do list. Here's a sneak peek. It's one of the valances for Kristina. Its okay I barred her from the blog. Like that is going to happen.