Monday, August 27, 2012

I love to make work

for myself.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I’m not so sure.
I saw a pattern I liked in Easy Quilt Projects and if I had just followed it, things would be better.  BUT, you know me……..couldn’t possibly do that.  I decided to do it similar but not the same.  original  Sorry, its kind of blurry.  I took this from the internet as the battery in my camera was low.
I had 40 strips in my jelly roll set.  I thought I would cut from each strip…..2-5”, 2-6” and 2-9” and then from the remainder, cut a 2 1/2” block for whatever.  I figured it all out but didn’t figure out how many pieces there would be…….don’t ask where the brain was that day……………wandered off I suppose.
I pressed so the fold was goneIMG_3672  and then I started
to cut IMG_3674 and when I was done I had a little pile like this……IMG_3675 I carefully laid them out on the table IMG_3681  and started to sew them together following the guide I had made up.
IMG_3680I did four rows and messed that up because I didn’t mark which row it was.  I learned from that lesson.  From then on, I marked the first block of every row.IMG_3685  This is set number one.  I continued on and did 3 sets and then called it quits for the night.
IMG_3696 Its not bad.  I wish I hadn’t picked up the white as an extra cause its sticking out like a sore thumb.  We’ll see what happens at the end.  I may machine quilt something in them to “soften” them.


Only 3 more sets to go.  I just checked the internet and a crib mattress is about 28” x 52”, so my 37” x 48” will be a pretty good size.

 P.S.  You'll see over on the side I've "crossed" off another thing on my to do list.  Here's a sneak peek.    It's one of the valances for Kristina.  Its okay I barred her from the blog.  Like that is going to happen.

Search This Blog