Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Holy hannah, I finally have it

done.  I never thought it would take this long.  Knitting has always been something I’ve fallen back on when I wanted something different to do.
I bought a fabulous kit at Dye Versions
yarn
and then decided against it.  I don’t really need  a capelet.  I decided on a scarf……a simple little scarf.  49 stitches on the needle and just about every time I knit this thing, I had to go back and re-do row 3 at some point……well until I came to the last 28 rows.  IMG_3705For some reason then I had it in my head and finished it up with ease.  I had even changed the pattern long before my woes started.  Thick in the head is my problem.
I made it much longer than what the pattern called for.  If we get a cold winter I want to be warm especially around my neck.  This is it…….IMG_3704I have one skein left and hope to make myself a pair of socks.  I have grands that love homemade socks, so I think I’ll start with them.  I bought the wool last year on PEI so I should do something with it.
I didn’t knit the sweater.  I bought that as my souvenir a few years ago when we visited our friends Jan and Reg out in Newfoundland.  I dragged everyone up and down Water Street looking for a homemade fisherman knit sweater.  This was found at Nonia.  There were a few shops that had imports from Ireland, but that was definitely not what I wanted.
We bought this too.  Instead of keys I use it for my scissors in my sewing room…..IMG_3708  If you enlarge the photo you can see Bridie Molloys…….we ate there.  Fabulous food and the lighthouse……went there too, the most easterly point in North America.
Gee, I could do a whole column about that holiday

Oh, dear, it was advised to wash and block this scarf, so I did. The colour ran!!! I’m so glad I didn’t have anything else in the water. Can’t say as I like the feel of this bamboo yarn when its wet. I hope its nicer when it dries up.

Just a little PS here. The scarf feels terrific now that it is dry. I have more yarn and I’ll have to figure out what to do with it. I had problems with my hands when I was finished and I’m not sure if it is the bamboo or what. I’ve never had this happen before.

Search This Blog