Thursday, August 16, 2012

Found it

I find making quilts for boys is difficult.  I get an idea once in awhile and run with it, but sometimes I look and look and look.  I knew I had seen this pattern somewhere, but boy trying to find it again was another thing.  Then I made Kristina’s wallhanging and it was in the same book.
IMG_3640
Kyle loves the colour green, so I took all the greens I had down IMG_3639to the Quilters Garden Patch and the selection process began.  I wanted to use browns, but there was nothing  that worked with what I had.  Karen chose two blues IMG_3638
and then this!
These are the planets………………IMG_3634
I made you a tutorial for those circles and it's coming up next Tuesday...  IMG_3641 The fabrics work far better than I thought. The planets look like they really are planets.  There are hills and valleys and dark and light spots.  This is going to be one fabulous quilt thanks to Karen.  It is a work in progress as I write, but these batiks have finally found a home.
That’s it for today.  I have work to do.  Like figuring out how to put this together.  Tomorrow……..joining with some tips…….

Search This Blog