Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Do you have these

Wait, wait, before I begin today

it's my friend's birthday.

   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETTY AND MANY, MANY MORE  


in your garden?  I think a lot of people grow them and a lot of people eat them.  Be it raw, breads, cooked, bar-be-qued.
IMG_3694We try different things every year to give them some “oomph”.  They are really a bland veggie and definitely need something.  The other day I took one of my favourite marinating Kraft dressings out of the fridge and after cutting my zucchini lengthwise – after I had removed some of the peel – I laid the strips in a glass dish and poured the dressing over.  I let it marinate for a long time in the fridge turning them over so both sides could savour that glorious flavour. 
IMG_3686  Karl put them on the “barbie” and when we ate them………….oh, it was as they say ~~~~~mmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmm, good!  The next time we are trying this.  images No parmessan in this one, so I think I just might sprinkle some over the top and let it do its magic.

One of the girls over on my quilting forum has finished her BOM for August.  I want to share with you.  Look at the extra she did on the block and that is after she needle turned all the pieces.  It looks fabulous, doesn't it?

Search This Blog