Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The rule is

what you do for one, you do for the other.  I made two pillowcases for boys, so I picked out one of my favourite new fabrics to work with pillowcase 385  and didn’t like the co-ordinate I had bought.  I discovered in my lighting at home that it wasn’t blue in the fabric, more of a periwinkle.  You could even use purple  pillowcase 387 which is what I decided to do as that was all I had in my stash.
I cut this pillowcase 32” x 40”.  The “cuff” was cut  4 1/2” x 40”.  I sewed the cuff to the case right sides together along the long edge. pillowcase 389 Sew the long edge of the case from one end to the other and then sew the top.  Fold over the raw edge 1/4” and press.    pillowcase 390
Turn this to the inside of the case and pin in place.  pillowcase 392 Stitch as close to the edge as you are able.  pillowcase 394 I did a couple of rows of straight stitching along the edge to give it a bit more interest. pillowcase 396
This is it.  Pillowcase number 3 made on one very hot summer day.  pillowcase 397 pillowcase 398

Search This Blog