Thursday, July 5, 2012

Polly visits the New London area

New London is but a hop, skip and a jump from where we are staying on the island.  It isn’t a large village, just perfect in my opinion.  The folks are very friendly and when I told them I had someone with me on this trip, I was told to bring her inside and take some photos.

Polly got to sit at the potter’s wheel.  How lucky is that?

IMG_3209  She browsed the shop and saw the lupin display IMG_3210 then took in the yellows…..there are so many pieces here to choose fromIMG_3211

The mug room?  What can you say about the mug room?  There are just way too many to choose from.IMG_3212 There is jewellery too and Quilton saw a piece she thinks she would love to buy.  She doesn’t wear jewellery often, but she just bought this snazzy new outfit and……….IMG_3213

We went upstairs and I got to see an old spinning wheel.  Look at those woven pieces behind it.  Aren’t they gorgeous?

IMG_3214

We stopped outside and I had my photo taken with the peonies

IMG_3208 and at the front window of the shopIMG_3216

Now this was saved ‘til last cause its special.  Its a quilt block!!!!  This identifies the store is part of the Arts and Heritage Trail in Prince Edward Island.  If Quilton finds more of them, she’ll take some more pictures for us.

IMG_3215

Search This Blog